Antique Banjo Barometer, English, Mahogany, John Sowter, Oxford, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.5640
This is an antique banjo barometer. An English, mahogany barometer by John Sowter of Oxford and dating to the Victorian period, circa 1850.
- Rich mahogany hues and a desirable aged patina
- Bright, clear barometer glass in good order
- Brass finial between a broken scroll pediment adds decoration
- Marked by the renowned watchmaker John Sowter as; Jno. Sowter Oxford
- Upper face displays the atmospheric change between dry and damp conditions
- Large main face with a diameter of 25cm (9.75")
- Elegant annotations show the current weather condition
- Secondary hand can be set to show the change since the previous day
- Mercury temperature scale marked in Fahrenheit
- Brass adjustment knob sits beneath main aneroid dial
- Spirit level at the base for correct alignment
This is a splendid antique banjo barometer by a renowned watchmaker. Delivered polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 31cm (12.25'')
Max Depth: 6.5cm (2.5'')
Max Height: 112cm (44'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World