Antique Cylinder Bureau Writing Desk, Victorian, English, Mahogany c.1850
Our Stock #12.1556
This is an antique cylinder bureau writing desk from the early Victorian period, English, mahogany c.1850.
- A super example of its type in light mahogany
- Good colour and grain interest throughout
- Of quality craftsmanship with a smooth opening action
- Raised on a continuous plinth base
- A pair of cupboard doors with brass lattice panels over cloth
- Working lock and key to lower cabinet with dust stripåÊ
- A single shelf within divides the space in two
- A pair of turned pulls lift cylinder lid
- Desk slide withdraws easily and smoothly
- Presenting three inset, blind tooled tan leather skivers
- The centre one hinged with variable adjustment over pen tray
- Three burr maple stationery drawers to the rear with seven cubbies over
- Cabinet top in fine order backed by three quarter, pierced brass gallery rail
An attractive and useful item of antique furniture. Solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 106.75cm (42'')
Max Depth: 43cm (17'')
Top Height: 92cm (36.25'')
Gallery: 2cm (0.75")
Desk Width: 98cm (38.5'')
Desk Depth: 36cm (14.25'')
Desk Height: 66cm (26'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World