Antique Carver Chair, Victorian Chippendale Revival, c.1890
Our Stock # LFA-1608
This is an antique carver chair, a Victorian Chippendale revival piece dating to the end of the 19th century, c.1890.
- Beautifully crafted in heavy, dark mahogany
- Good colour, attractive grain detail and an aged patina
- Raised on stout cabriole front legs with carved knees
- Beautifully carved talon and ball feet
- Swept, square section rear legs
- Flared stiles sweep out to classic Chippendale ears
- Shaped, carved crest rail featuring butler grasp
- Well executed pierced ribbon back splat
- Seat rail decorated with roped carving detail
- Drop in seat panel traditionally stuffed
- Pale green damask cloth showing light wear associated with careful use
A super chair easily re-upholstered to suit any d̩cor. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 62cm (24.5'')
Max Depth: 53.5cm (21'')
Max Height: 104cm (41'')
Seat Width: 48.25cm (19'')
Seat Depth: 43cm (17'')
Seat Height: 48.25cm (19'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.