Antique Decorative Canteen, English, Burr Walnut, Cutlery Box, Victorian, C.1860
Our Stock # 18.8116
This is an antique decorative canteen. An English, burr walnut and boxwood cutlery box, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1860.
- Captivating canteen of fine quality and finish
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Burr walnut presents striking grain interest and rich caramel hues
- Accentuated with lozenges of boxwood inlay with ebonised stringing
- Arranged for 38 pieces of treasured tableware within a delightfully appointed case
- Three-fold lid, opening to reveal a shock of quilted cerise silk cotton
- Five compartments, each with cutlery retainers held stay with sliding brass clasp
- Dressed with an inset working lock — key present
This is a striking antique decorative canteen, with superb finish and dashing interior. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Closed Width: 31.5cm (12.5'')
Closed Depth: 38cm (15'')
Closed Height: 11.5cm (4.5'')
Open Width: 59.5cm (23.5'')
Open Depth: 46.5cm (18.25'')
Open Height: 20.5cm (8'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World