19th Century French Louis XVI Revival Two Door Bookcase Vitrine Cabinet, c.1880
Our Stock # 10.1711
This is a 19th century, French, Louis XVI revival, two door bookcase, vitrine or cabinet dating to c.1880.
- Hand built to the highest level of craftsmanship
- In mahogany with excellent colour and finish
- Accentuated with bronzed beading and golden highlights
- Raised on tapering circular section legs with bronze toes
- Double field panelled sides rise to a shaped crown moulding in good proportion
- Rounded front corners fluted and highlighted
- A pair of field panel doors lock top and bottom with original lock, key and slide mechanism
- The glazed panels feature the original blown glass that ripple in the light
- A central bronze dust strip closing the cabinet, a real sign of quality
- Inside four fully adjustable shelves
- Edged with twin bronze string detail
- Offering deep 42cm (16.5") shelf space
An exceptional cabinet with formal lines to display books or objet d'art beautifully. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 150cm (59'')
Max Depth: 56cm (22'')
Max Height: 211cm (83'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.