Vintage Captain's Chair, English, Leather, Desk, Victorian Revival, Circa 1960
Our Stock # 18.7650
This is a vintage captain's chair. An English, leather desk swivel chair in Victorian revival taste, dating to the mid 20th century, circa 1960.
- Appealing colour and turned craftsmanship
- Displays a desirable aged patina throughout
- Rich, deep red leather with eye-catching press stud trim
- Deeply buttoned back rest with striking scrolled form
- Elbows raised upon a demi-lune gallery of turned balusters
- Some signs of gentle use present to elbows commensurate with age
- Traditionally padded seat cushion at a comfortable height of 46.5cm to 55cm (18.25" to 21.75")
- Unusual, shaped front valance with press stud border
- Central riser adjusts by way of a twist nut through 9cm (3.5")
- Lever to right locks and unlocks the tilt mechanism
- Standing upon five squat legs with smooth riding castors to each
This is an attractive vintage captain's chair with great colour and Victorian revival taste. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready to enjoy.
Max Width: 62.5cm (24.5'')
Max Depth: 63.5cm (25'')
Lowered Height: 81cm (32'')
Raised Height: 89cm (35")
Seat Width: 49cm (19.25'')
Seat Depth: 50.5cm (20'')
Seat Lower Height: 46.5cm (18.25'')
Seat Raised Height: 55cm (21.75")
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World