Antique Elbow Chair, English, Occasional, Art Nouveau, Libertyesque, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.7847
This is an antique elbow chair. An English, mahogany inlaid occasional seat in Art Nouveau taste, dating to the late Victorian period, circa 1900.
- Distinguished with elegance and Art Nouveau decoration
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Select stocks present fine grain interest and rich hues
- Boxwood and fruitwood inlay adds superb contrast
- Superb back rest with pierced splat and serpentine rails
- Tulip and foliate motif accentuated with inlaid detail
- Dashing arms rise gracefully upon sinuous supports
- Comfortable padded cushions upholstered with quality embroidered covers
- Unmarked as such, the craftsmanship has the hallmarks of Liberty of London
- Cushion adorned with bright press stud trim
- Standing upon slender cabriole legs to front with pad feet
- Gently splayed square section legs to the rear
This is a delightful antique elbow chair, presenting the elegant ideals of the Art Nouveau taste and quality you would expect from the late Victorian period. Perfect for occasional use in the lounge or hall. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 53.5cm (21'')
Max Depth: 55cm (21.75'')
Max Height: 108.5cm (42.75'')
Seat Width: 46cm (18'')
Seat Depth: 46cm (18'')
Seat Height: 44.5cm (17.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World