Pair Of, Antique Shield Back Chairs, Scottish, Oak, Hall Seat, Victorian, C.1880
Our Stock # 18.7195
This is a pair of antique shield back chairs. A Scottish, oak hall seat of superb quality, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1880.
- Magnificent chairs with appealing carved details
- Displaying a desirable aged patina - lovingly cared for examples
- Scottish oak beams with rich caramel hues
- Fine grain interest and wisps of medullary rays fascinate beneath the wax polish finish
- The elaborate shield back evoking heraldic themes
- Graceful, sinuous carvings exude strength and deftness by way of chamfered edges
- Scrolled leaf motif frames a central lozenge with pierced back splats
- Shaped seat pad at a comfortable height of 43.5cm (17.25'')
- Sash aprons of superb figuring unite the legs in elegant fashion
- Dashing shield carvings decorate the front knees
- Serpentine cabriole legs to the front terminate with exemplary lion's paw feet
- Gently splayed legs to the rear with a square section toe
This is a highly desirable pair of antique chairs with wonderful shield backs and high quality Scottish oak. A delight of colour, craftsmanship and grain interest, this pair of chairs will enhance any room or entrance hall. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready to enjoy.
Max Width: 44cm (17.25'')
Max Depth: 45cm (17.75'')
Max Height: 94.5cm (37.25'')
Seat Width: 44cm (17.25'')
Seat Depth: 36.5cm (14.25'')
Seat Height: 43.5cm (17.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World