Large Vintage Centre Table, French, Bureau Plait, Louis XV Taste, Circa 1960
Our Stock # 18.7774
This is a large vintage centre table. A French, kingwood bureau plait in Louis XV taste, dating to the mid 20th century, circa 1960.
- Exquisite example of Louis XV revival taste
- Displays a desirable aged patina throughout
- Striking kingwood presents superb grain interest
- Rich caramel hues radiate beneath the wax polish finish
- Of fine proportion and serpentine, bureau plait form
- Bookmatched decorative marquetry panels to top, each accentuated with foliate scroll borders
- Sinuous table edge with triple bow profile and gently rolled edge
- Shaped aprons to each side, enhanced with further quality marquetry in boxwood
- Offers a comfortable height of 79.5cm (31.25") with generous kneehole height of 62cm (24.5")
- Raised upon tall cabriole legs with delightful ormolu mounts to the toe
This is an alluring vintage centre table, with striking figuring, deep colour and beautiful Louis XV revival form. Sure to enhance any room. Solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 199cm (78.25'')
Max Depth: 93.5cm (36.75'')
Max Height: 79.5cm (31.25'')
Kneehole Height: 62cm (24.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World