Large Antique Sideboard, English, Oak, Mirror, Cabinet, Arts & Crafts, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.7308
This is a large antique sideboard. An English, oak mirror back cabinet, dating to the Arts & Crafts movement during the late Victorian period, circa 1900.
- Imperious proportion with elegant craftsmanship
- Displays a desirable aged patina and presented in fine order
- Select oak shows fine grain interest and wisps of medullary rays
- Beautiful caramel hues beam beneath a wax polish finish
- Striking arched pediment standing over the whole with scrolled detail
- Galleried upper with tapering columns framing the trio of mirrors
- Wonderfully bevelled mirror plates with a desirable light foxing
- Useful sideboard with serpentine, shaped display shelf above
- Pair of drawers dressed with brass drop handles over shaped backplates
- Carved field panel doors with pleasingly jovial Oriental fish motif
- Each drawer finished with tall lock escutcheons with inset working locks — key present
- Raised upon a deep, continuous plinth base
This is an impressively large antique sideboard, with superb height and a wonderful mirror back. Attractive caramel hues and quality carved details abound. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 136cm (53.5'')
Max Depth: 49.5cm (19.5'')
Max Height: 205.5cm (81'')
Sideboard Width: 132cm (52'')
Sideboard Depth: 45.5cm (18'')
Sideboard Height: 94.5cm (37.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World