Antique Bureau De Dame, French, Walnut, Compact, Writing Desk, Victorian, C.1880
Our Stock # 18.8037
This is an antique bureau de dame. A French, walnut compact writing desk, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1880.
- Beautiful French presentation and craftsmanship
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Select walnut presents fine grain interest and mellow caramel hues
- Boxwood inlay used extensively for decorative purposes
- Gallery top with low ormolu decorative rail over a foliate inlaid top
- Canted lid held securely with inset, double throw lock — key present
- Upon opening, an arrangement of five drawers with document slip between
- Sliding well opens to offer further storage space
- Velour writing cushion in a delightful light ruby pink at a comfortable writing height of 79cm
- Most surfaces decorated with boxwood inlaid bouquets of flowers
- Ormolu mounts adorn the knees of each slender cabriole leg
- Standing at each corner upon decorated toes with further ormolu caps
This is a delectable antique bureau, of compact size for the French dame to write her correspondence. As useful today as it was 140 years ago, with enduring elegance and craftsmanship. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 77.5cm (30.5'')
Closed Depth: 45cm (17.75'')
Open Depth: 65cm (25.5")
Max Height: 101.5cm (40'')
Writing Cushion Width: 57.5cm (22.75'')
Writing Cushion Depth: 14.5cm (5.75'')
Writing Cushion Height: 79cm (31'')
Kneehole Height: 65cm (25.5")
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World