Vintage Ernst Leitz Microscope, German, Dialux, Scientific Instrument, C.1960
Our Stock # 18.7419
This is a vintage Ernst Leitz Microscope. A German, enamel coated alloy Dialux scientific instrument, dating to the mid 20th century, circa 1960.
- Built to a standard not seen in the modern era and with myriad accessories
- Displaying a desirable aged patina and in very good order - objectives untested
- Finished in a quality black enamel over an alloy body
- Mahogany carry case with carry handle arranged with accessory slots to the interior
- Case door dressed with an inset, working lock - original Leitz key present
- The trinocular head offers 1.25 magnification and marked 'Ernst Leitz, GmbH, Wetzlar - Germany'
- Above the slide stage, the trio of objectives display a quality machined finish, as do the vernier controls
- To the sinuous swan neck, the Leitz logo sits above the serial number 513724
- Single circular lamp housing port to the base dates the piece to slightly before 1960
- Offering a comprehensive set of 17 individual optics, by Leitz, Vickers and Beck
- Four additional attachments a hallmark of this epoch making modular microscope
- Further accessories including a glass cell counting slide in a case and safely wrapped glass filters
- Supplied with two comprehensive operating manuals in fine condition for age
- Fully fitted box interior with a useful magnification table to the reverse of the case door
This is a superb vintage Leitz microscope. Of wonderful appeal to those of a scientific interest with its vast array of detail and additional pieces, the aesthetic appeal of the whole ensemble presents a fascinating opportunity for collectors of precision engineering, institutions or simply to display proudly in the home. Delivered polished and ready to delight.
Box Width: 28.5cm (11.25'')
Box Depth: 33.5cm (13.25'')
Box Height: 51.5cm (20.25'')
Microscope Width: 20cm (7.75'')
Microscope Depth: 29.5cm (11.5'')
Microscope Height: 41cm (16.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World