Vintage Anglepoise Lamp, English, Desk, Architect's Light, Bibliophile, C.1960
Our Stock # 18.7310
This is a vintage anglepoise lamp. An English, steel and aluminium desk or architect's light with bibliophile base, dating to the mid 20th century, circa 1960.
- Pleasingly mounted lamp suitable for the bibliophile
- Displaying a desirable aged patina - in good working order
- Steel and aluminium anglepoise frame with painted grey finish
- Bound books to base in pleasingly vintage condition
- Fully-adjustable anglepoise frame with four springs
- Useful adjustment range of 97cm from its lowest to highest extent
- Articulated lampshade can double back on itself to light the base
- Stamped with the US Patent No. 2787434 from 1957
- Original supplier's label for 1001 Lamps of Bromley, London
- The base crafted from three original hardback books in graduated size creating a tiered form
- The Deer Slayer, the 1848 edition of Chambers' Journal and a volume of the Encyclopaedia Britannica
- Supplied with a standard bayonet bulb offering a warm glow and a quality length of British Standard compliant cable and 3-pin plug
This is a fascinating vintage anglepoise lamp, in good working order. Suitable for the modern desk or home, the base adds appeal for lovers of all things literary and mid-century. Delivered polished and ready to light up the room.
Base Width: 23.5cm (9.25'')
Base Depth: 28.5cm (11.25'')
Lowered Height: 52cm (20.5'')
Extended Height: 130cm (51.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World