Small Antique Electric Therapy Machine, English, Scientific, Medical, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.7320
This is a small antique electric therapy machine. An English, mahogany cased patent scientific medical aid, dating to the late 19th century, circa 1900.
- Diminutive Victorian medical machine offering superb display interest
- Displaying a desirable aged patina and in good order throughout
- Select mahogany case showing fine grain interest beneath a wax polish finish
- Bright brass mechanism with an eye-catching rotary action and attractive crown gears
- The principle of turning the handle would create mild electrical shocks for the patient
- The patented intention was to help with long-term headaches and other maladies
- Detailed label to the lid interior offers insight into the purpose of the machine
- With a Milliken & Lawley of London mark, medical equipment specialists of the Victorian period
This is an intriguing antique electric therapy machine with pleasingly compact proportions. A fascinating insight into the field of Victorian medical science, this example is a delightful display piece for those of a scientific interest. Delivered polished and ready to enjoy.
Max Width: 12.5cm (5'')
Max Depth: 9.5cm (3.75'')
Max Height: 7cm (2.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World