Antique Book Slide, English, Rosewood, Mahogany, Library Stand, Victorian, 1900
Our Stock # 18.7516
This is an antique book slide. An English, rosewood and mahogany library stand, dating to the late Victorian period, circa 1900.
- Fantastic Victorian book slide with gothic revival overtones
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Eye-catching stocks of rosewood, rich in colour and fine grain interest
- Mahogany to base presents deep russet hues beneath a wax polish finish
- Pierced fretwork to each end feature foliate trefoil cut-outs
- Each slide folds upon a pair of small brass stabilisers
- Manually operated slide glides smoothly to its maximum width
- Accommodates books within a 30cm to 49cm range (11.75" and 19.25")
- Tiered plinth base dressed with quality amber baize below
This is a delightful antique bookslide, with Gothic taste to the striking pierced fretwork. Offering appeal to bibliophiles and collectors, the slide is delivered polished and ready to display.
Standard Width: 35.5cm (14'')
Max Depth: 15cm (6'')
Max Height: 16.5cm (6.5'')
Extended Width: 51cm (20'')
Standard Interior Width: 30cm (11.75'')
Extended Interior Width: 49cm (19.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World