Antique Mantel Clock, French, Gilt Bronze, Ormolu, Brocot Escapement, Circa 1900
Our Stock # 18.6995
This is an antique mantel clock. A French, four glass, gilt bronze and ormolu decorated clock with visible Brocot escapement, dating to the late 19th century, circa 1900.
- Superbly decorated timepiece for the mantel
- Displaying a desirable aged patina commensurate with age
- Gilt bronze and ormolu shimmer with warm golden tones
- Quality bevelled glass free of cracks or chips
- Arresting scroll, acanthus and floral festoons to the surmount recalling the elaborate Rococo taste
- Elegant spade hour and minute hands, pleasingly slender in form
- Visible Brocot escapement to a two-train movement adding fascinating visual and horological interest
- Roman numeral decorated chapter ring with minute indication and inset winder apertures — key present
- Striking on the hour with a soothing lilt, a single gong strike marks the half-hour
- Fine adjustment for slow and fast at the 12 o'clock position
- Weighted faux-Mercury, compensated pendulum offering a gently mesmeric motion
- Raised upon four ornate scrolled toes with shaped brackets and further foliate motif
This is a captivating antique mantel clock, with great views of its movement through clear, bevelled glass. Slim pillars aid the 360-degree view of the timepiece, whilst the warmth of the gilt bronze case entices. Offering a restful strike, this clock will enhance any room. Delivered polished and ready to display.
Max Width: 22.5cm (8.75'')
Max Depth: 19.5cm (7.75'')
Max Height: 39cm (15.25'')
Face Diameter: 10cm (4'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World