Antique Campaign Chair, Chinese, Carved, Folding Colonial Seat, Victorian, 1850
Our Stock # 18.8214
This is an antique campaign chair. A Chinese, carved mahogany folding colonial seat, dating to the early Victorian period, circa 1850.
- Superb, decorative campaign chair, with strong 19th century Oriental taste
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in very good order
- Select stocks show fine grain interest and deep caramel hues
- Ornate carvings accentuate the chair to a high standard of visual appeal
- Striking top rail presents a pair of dragons framing a central medallion
- Facing outwards, another pair of charming dragons adorn the pierced back rest
- Supports and lower rail enthusiastically decorated with carved relief iconography
- Shield shaped seat pad with a wide, carved border adds further eye-catching detail
- X-frame legs articulate to folding position for ease of movement or storage
- Turned baluster stretchers uniting each leg, front and rear
This is a rare and desirably finished antique campaign chair, presenting a wonderful example of 19th century Chinese craftsmanship. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 50.5cm (20'')
Max Depth: 73cm (28.75'')
Max Height: 101.5cm (40'')
Seat Width: 44.5cm (17.5'')
Seat Depth: 46cm (18'')
Seat Height: 42cm (16.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World