Antique Hall Seat, Scottish, Oak, Settle, Gothic Revival, Victorian, 1880
Our Stock # 18.6581
This is an antique hall seat. A Scottish, oak settle in Gothic revival taste, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1880.
- Fascinating, Scottish Gothic revival piece
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Select oak shows fine grain interest
- Deep russet hues throughout the wax polish finish
- Carved top rail with shaped surmount
- Resting swan figures adorn the shoulders
- Back rest features a pair of foliate frieze carvings
- Front panel with large foliate carving opens to reveal a magazine or newspaper rack
- Scrolled knuckle arms replete with foliate detail
- Inside of the arms feature spring flower motif
- Ornate, generously sized patera to each side
- Shaped lower apron and standing on trestle feet
This is an eye-catching antique hall seat or settle in desirable Gothic revival taste. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 50cm (19.75'')
Max Depth: 42cm (16.5'')
Max Height: 82.5cm (32.5'')
Seat Width: 40.5cm (16'')
Seat Depth: 36cm (14.25'')
Seat Height: 50.5cm (20'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World