Antique Elbow Chair, Rosewood, English Open Armchair, Maple & Co. Circa 1910
Our Stock # 18.5014
This is an antique elbow chair in rosewood, an English open armchair by Maple & Co. dating to the Edwardian period c.1910.
- A superior chair from Maple & Co. London, England
- Shield back, open armchair design in a quality rosewood
- Classical overtones in the holly inlay motifs and stringing
- Good colour throughout with grain interest
- Traditionally stuffed and professionally upholstered to a high standard
- Finished in a quality striped cloth with matching brocade trim
- Scrolled and shaped three quarter armrests
- Slender, serpentine seat rail
- Raised on turned and tapered front legs
- Shaped and swept rear legs
- Show back adding a flash of colour from behind
- Carrying both a Maple & Co. label and stamp beneath
A very fine chair in very good condition. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 56cm (22'')
Max Depth: 53.5cm (21'')
Max Height: 91.5cm (36'')
Seat Width: 46cm (18'')
Seat Depth: 46cm (18'')
Seat Height: 48.25cm (19'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World