Adjustable Antique Reading Table, John Carter, Victorian, Mahogany Lectern c1890
Our Stock # 18.5383
This is an adjustable antique reading table by John Carter, London. A Victorian, mahogany 'Literary Machine' lectern dating to the late 19th century, circa 1890.
- In fine order, the mahogany displays good, consistent colour
- The quality stocks with grain interest and a desirable aged patina
- Fully adjustable and raised on bobbin turned legs
- The top benefits from a lip edge moulding helping keep things in place
- The book stand adjusting to various heights on the rack beneath
- A fold-out rest to stand the book on features a pair of brass page stays
A superb example of an adjustable antique reading table by John Carter. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 84cm (33'')
Max Depth: 42cm (16.5'')
Max Height: 15.5cm (6'')
Book Width: 40cm (15.75'')
Book Depth: 30cm (11.75'')
Find out more about John Carter, London here...
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.