Vintage Factory Barometer, English, Oak, Banjo, Official, Factory Act 1937
Our Stock # 18.5828
This is a vintage factory barometer. An English, oak banjo barometer, officially marked in compliance with the Factory Act 1937 and dating to circa 1940.
- Select oak displays fine grain interest and a desirable aged patina
- Original glass in good order and of bright optics
- Ornate foliate carvings decorate the banjo style case
- Crafted in accordance with the Factory Act 1937 Section 3, which governed workplace temperatures
- Features a generous main dial diameter of 19.5cm (7.75")
- Second hand useful for adjusting to show changes in conditions
- Clearly legible, monotone annotations well suited to official use
- Temperature scale displays in Fahrenheit, and highlights the mandated ambient of 60 degrees
This is a fascinating vintage factory barometer with true collector appeal. Delivered polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 32.5cm (12.75'')
Max Depth: 7.5cm (3'')
Max Height: 98.5cm (38.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World