Antique Spoon Back Sofa, English, Walnut, 2 Seat Settee, Early Victorian, 1840
Our Stock # 18.6621
This is an antique spoon back sofa. An English, walnut and textile 2 person settee, dating to the early Victorian period, circa 1840.
- Highly appealing, early Victorian sofa
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Select walnut shows fine grain interest and rich russet hues
- Professionally reupholstered in superb, high quality fabric
- Spoon back accentuated with a dashing top rail with scrolled corners
- The surmount decorated with a lovingly carved heraldic gryphon
- Traditionally stuffed, high quality fabric in light, fresh hues
- Resplendent in golden diamond pattern against a light duck egg blue ground
- Generous seat height of 46cm (18") for comfortable lounging
- Attractive brocade trim in golden hues throughout
- Serpentine arms with foliate carved grips
- Extended cabochon knee carvings sit above a squat cabriole leg and riding on ceramic castors
This early Victorian antique spoon back sofa is a sight to behold. Lovingly reupholstered in the traditional way, this is sure to enhance any room and become a focal point for the space. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 187.5cm (73.75'')
Max Depth: 84.5cm (33.25'')
Max Height: 107cm (42.25'')
Seat Width: 149cm (58.75'')
Seat Depth: 53cm (20.75'')
Seat Height: 46cm (18'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World