Vintage Overseas Voyage Trunk, English, Leather, Travel Case, Luggage, C.1930
Our Stock # 18.7631
This is a vintage overseas voyage trunk. An English, leather bound travel case, dating to the early 20th century, circa 1930.
- Wonderful time-worn appearance from years of travel
- Displaying a desirably aged patina throughout
- Dark leather displays appealing grain and patination
- Lighter leather seams and straps present an appealing contrast
- Sliding clasp mechanism hidden beneath an embossed leather dust cover
- Inset working lock to clasp — key present, with pleasing 1939 One Penny coin to the fob
- Brass plaque makers mark sits above clasp - Bick Bros, Bag & Trunk Manufacturers, Cheltenham
- Charming travel stickers add visual interest to the trunk including one partial On His Magesty's Service example
- Leather carry straps to the front lower and each side for ease of carrying
- Bright, pinstriped lining presents a maritime inspired look to the interior
- Red oval maker's mark reads Bick Bros, Dressing Cases, Bags, Portmanteus, Etc
- Hand-written name to lid states H.E. Barkworth, New Zealand
This is a pleasing and utterly charming vintage voyage trunk, with wonderful worldly patination to the quality leather finish. Sure to enhance any room or as characterful luggage for a trip. Delivered ready to enjoy.
Max Width: 87cm (34.25'')
Max Depth: 50cm (19.75'')
Max Height: 34.5cm (13.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World