Large Antique Master Cabinet Maker's Chest, Craftsman's Tool Trunk, Edwardian
Our Stock # 18.6783
This is a large antique master cabinet maker's chest. An English, pine and mahogany craftsman's tool trunk, dating to the Edwardian period, circa 1910.
- Of superb proportion and craftsmanship
- Displays a desirable aged patina throughout
- Ebonised pine presents a pleasingly dark appearance
- The mahogany fitted interior provides a shock of rich caramel contrast
- The stout lid opens smoothly with a metal cup handle to the centre
- Dressed with a small inset lock — untested as key absent
- Reverse of lid finished with super mahogany stocks showing fine grain interest
- Fully-fitted interior a practical treat for the eyes
- Arranged as a trio of compartments, the uppermost lifts upon brass butterfly hinges
- Attractive decoration with a marquetry inlay of contrasting triangles
- Fully removable, the interior offers generous storage space
- On the exterior, each side hosts an iron drop handle upon shaped back plates
This is a striking antique master cabinet maker's chest with rich hues and a delightful interior appointment. Of fine proportion for possible use as a characterful coffee table. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 103cm (40.5'')
Max Depth: 54cm (21.25'')
Max Height: 44.5cm (17.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World