Antique Tea Box, English, Oak, Iron, Connoisseur Caddy, Case, Georgian, C.1800
Our Stock # 18.7223
This is a superb antique tea box. An English, oak and iron-bound connoisseur caddy or case, dating to the Georgian period, circa 1800.
- Store your treasured blends within this delightful caddy
- Displaying a desirable aged patina
- Select oak offers fine grain interest and rich caramel hues
- Further visual appeal offered by wisps of medullary rays beneath the wax polish finish
- Fascinating shield shape box with canted corners clasped in iron bindings
- Pierced iron plates adorn the centre and four corners of the lid
- Shaped, working lock escutcheon to front — key present
- Pair of compartments within, finished with preservative metal linings and removable lids
This is a charming antique tea box, with attractive oak and Georgian craftsmanship. Ideal for the tea lover or the coffee table. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 23.5cm (9.25'')
Max Depth: 13.5cm (5.25'')
Max Height: 15cm (6'')
Compartment Width: 10cm (4'')
Compartment Depth: 10cm (4'')
Compartment Height: 9cm (3.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World