Antique Steamer Trunk, English, Pine, Iron, Carriage Chest, Victorian, C.1860
Our Stock # 18.7776
This is an antique steamer trunk. An English, pine and iron bound mail or railway carriage chest, dating to the mid Victorian period, circa 1860.
- Pleasingly robust chest with period appeal
- Displays a desirable aged patina throughout
- Dark stained pine with thick stocks and weathered finish
- Iron bound hardware in good order, commensurate with age
- Bindings to lid edge, bracing straps to fascia and iron shoulders to corners
- Generously sized interior finished in an attractive, deep caramel hue
- Brass chain stay holds stout lid in its open position
- Hand-written destination detail to front fascia
- Dressed with a working inset sliding lock — key present with 1913 One Penny charm
- Drop handles to each side for ease of carriage
- Of useful size for use as a coffee table with wide, flat top.
This is a charming antique steamer trunk, with robust iron bound appeal and pleasing finish. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home or travel.
Max Width: 83cm (32.75'')
Max Depth: 51.5cm (20.25'')
Max Height: 42cm (16.5'')
Interior Width: 76.5cm (30'')
Interior Depth: 45.5cm (18'')
Interior Height: 36.5cm (14.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World