Antique Master Craftsman's Chest, English, Pine, Mahogany, Tool Trunk, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.6781
This is a heavy antique master craftsman's chest. An English, ebonised pine and mahogany tool trunk, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1880.
- Large and heavy chest with a striking fitted interior
- Displays a desirable aged patina and pleasingly weathered appearance
- The exterior in ebonised Victorian pine with a dark stained finish
- Mahogany interior offers fine grain interest and rich russet hues
- Iron bound, the thick top opens to reveal a suite of 13 drawers
- Pair of hidden compartments below - can be removed to offer a generous open trunk
- Finished with an inset brass lock to front — key absent
- Stout keepers retain a pair of rope handles to either side
- Standing upon a continuous plinth base with visible dovetail joints to corners
This is a generously sized and substantial antique master craftsman's chest, with a useful fitted interior offering a suite of drawers. Could also be useful for a large coffee table base. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 105.5cm (41.5'')
Max Depth: 73cm (28.75'')
Max Height: 72cm (28.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World