Antique Hanging Court Box, English, Oak, Middle Temple, London, Victorian, 1900
Our Stock # 18.7368
This is an antique hanging court box. An English, oak and brass key box with an emblem for The Honourable Society of Middle Temple London, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1900.
- Of compact proportion with a fascinating legal background
- Displaying a desirable aged patina with appealing weathering
- Oak offers rich caramel hues and patinated grain interest
- Wisps of medullary rays add distinction
- Weathered bronze emblem with the 'Lamb of God' motif carrying the flag of St. George
- Reads 'Hon. Society of Middle Temple' - one of the four inns of court in London
- Pair of doors to base, opening with a small brass pull
- Can be displayed as free standing or wall mounted with small hanging loop to rear
This is a charming antique court box, with links to British legal history and appealingly weathered. Delivered waxed, polished and ready to display.
Max Width: 26cm (10.25'')
Max Depth: 18cm (7'')
Max Height: 38cm (15'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World