Antique Collector's Box, Chinese, Rosewood, Decorative Specimen Case, Circa 1920
Our Stock # 18.7504
This is an antique collector's box. A Chinese, Rosewood decorative specimen or marriage case, dating to the early 20th century, circa 1920.
- Oriental taste, rich in colour and detail
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Select rosewood offers fine grain interest and inviting russet hues
- Decorated with shaped brass plates, presenting appealing golden tones
- Loop handle to top with pierced back plate displaying the 'Double Happiness' calligraphy symbol
- Each decorated brass plate engraved with profuse foliate detail
- Door dressed with a circular sliding pull and inset lock — key absent
- Arranged as a pair of sliding drawers with brass recessed pulls
- Maker's mark engraved upon base for L S Hoi of Shanghai, China
This is a charming antique collector's box, decorated with the symbolism for Double Happiness in Chinese calligraphy - often associated with marriage. Delivered waxed, polished and ready to use.
Max Width: 16.5cm (6.5'')
Max Depth: 14.5cm (5.75'')
Max Height: 23.5cm (9.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World